MediNet Task2 Discussion Seminar:
Challenges and prospective of the assessment of radiation quality in ion-beam therapy, Legnaro, Padova, Laboratories of Istituto Nazionale di Fisica Nucleare, 30-31 January, 2017.
Monday 30 January 2017, from 11:00
9:30 Transfer Bus pickup from Padova: Via Gabriele Falloppio, crossroad Via Ospedale Civile, near the newsstand. (20 minutes ride to Legnaro Laboratories) view of the pickup location
STATUS OF THE ART
- Welcome <ul style="list-style-type:circle;"
- Welcome Address of LNL Director, Diego Bettoni
*Meeting framework, Giulio Magrin
11:15 State of the art of the physical tools: Radiation quality detectors for ion-beam therapy
- Microdosimeters (active detectors).
*LET and track detectors (passive detectors). Marzena Rydygier
*Discussion. During the discussion few slides (three) can be used to show new data and apparata'.
- (cont.) State of the art of the physical tools: Monte Carlo modelling of physical and biological parameters for ion-beam therapy
Pablo Cirrone, Lydia Maigne
*14:45 The biological effectiveness - From biological data to clinical data. Manjit Dosanjh, Aleksandra Ristic Fira
- 16:30 Challenges in correlating the radiation quality data and clinical effectiveness, Michael Scholz
*Proton models and carbon-ion models
*Developing a Treatment Planning System
*17:45 Round table: The participants can propose
*3-slide contributions to integrate and fill the gaps on the topics presented
- 19:30 Bus from the laboratories to the restaurant
*22:30 Transfer Bus from the restaurant to Padova
Tuesday 31 January 2017, from 9:00
8:20 Transfer Bus pickup from Padova: Via Gabriele Falloppio, crossroad Via Ospedale Civile, near the newsstand. (20 minutes ride to Legnaro Laboratories) view of the pickup location
- 9:00 An open discussion for defining an achievable roadmap for radiation quality assessment for therapy with carbon and other ions.
Chair: Mario Ciocca
- 11:00 An open discussion for defining an achievable roadmap for radiation quality assessment for therapy with protons.
Chair: Marco Schwarz
- 13:30 Visit to Legnaro Laboratories
MEDINET ANNUAL REPORTS
- 14:30 Completion of the first annual report of the Working Groups WG6, WG7, WG8, WG9 - Planning of future activities
- 16:30 Conclusion
17:00 Transfer Bus to Padova
For futher information follow the LINK